|Procedures for Waiver Applications|
The EVP Committee shall process NOS requests from applicants provided that the exchange program was not funded wholly or in part by any agency of the Philippine Government, or any public or private educational or other institution in the Philippines, and that the participant has no outstanding financial or service obligations with any government agency, or any public or private institution in the Philippines.
- The skill/profession of the exchange visitor participant is not in the Skills List of the Philippines;
- The applicant is married to a US citizen or legal permanent resident, or has a minor child who is a US citizen residing in the United States;
- The applicant is a religious worker (priest, nun, missionary) in a recognized religious denomination; and
- The applicant has an ailing family member (direct ascendant, descendant or legal spouse) in the United States and his separation from the latter would cause a severe and direct threat to the life of the said family member.
- Waiver Review File Number issued by the Waiver Review Division of the United States Department of State. For this purpose, you may wish to obtain information online at https://j1visawaiverrecommendation.state.gov/;
- NOS application form;
- Copy of the Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor participant (DS 2019/IAP-66);
- Original copy of the Certificate of Completion of the Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) or Certificate of Participation;
- Original copy of clearance from former employer/company in the Philippines clearing you from any financial accountability and contractual obligation;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Proof of spouse’s citizenship and certified true copy of marriage contract (if applying on the basis of marriage to a United States citizen or permanent resident);
- Birth certificate of child (if applying on the basis of having a minor US citizen child); and
- Medical certificate of ailing immediate family member in the US (if applying on the basis of having an ailing family member in the US).
All foreign-issued documents submitted in support of a NOS application must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over the place where the issuing authority is located.The requirements must be submitted in three (3) separate copies. Only one set is required to be authenticated. The second and third sets are photocopies of the first set.
The EVP Committee also requires an applicant for NOS to pay a processing fee of One Hundred Twenty-Five US Dollars ($125.00), exclusive of bank charges, to be deposited to the following account:
Commission on Filipinos Overseas
|Acct. No.||:||000012-1149-23 (Philippine Peso account)|
|Bank Name||:||Land Bank of the Philippines|